I though this was a fun project that Cheryl wanted to share. This is a lot different that what we usually post about so it gives a unique perspective on other things that can be done with etching. It looks like the main goal when etching this project was to roughen up the glass so items would stick better to the glass. The first bottle on the left looks like it might be themed for St. Patrick’s Day. The bottom photos have 2 Thanksgiving themed bottles and the right side shows a decorative bottle that could be used for a wedding.
Cheryl provided the below information and photos. Very cool! Click the photos for an enlarged view.
- I etched all the designs on the bottles first.
- Then used rub and buff to color them.
- Put glitter on them with decoupage.
- When dry, I put a sealer coat on them. I used the blue label which is dishwasher safe.
- I added rhinestones to some of them which you can get by the yard in the craft stores.
Share this on social media or email by clicking below!