To summarize up all the ways I talked about to help make your etched glass (link to examples) stand out, I decided to write this post so that it’s all in one place. Here is the list of ways to highlight your work, whether it’s for in person displays or for photograph displays:
- LED Displays: using light emitting diodes on the edges of your glass will light up the deep or shallow etchings. LED’s will make any etching depth appear more noticeable, but usually it’s only used with the elegant type known as deep sandcarvings (glassetchingsecrets.com/sandcarving.html).
- Colored Glass: using colored glass will help the contrasting colors appear more visually to the human eye. You can use brown, green, or almost any kind of colored glass such as the variety of stained glass colors. A darker colored glass will sometimes make an etching stand out more visually.
- Glass Paint: You can always paint glass to help make it stand out.
- Photo Displays: if you’re trying to display your etchings in a photo, there are two techniques to consider, and perhaps both can be used.
- Dark Background can be used to help the light frosted areas stand out.
- Photo editing software can help you alter the highlighting effects such as the brightness, contrast, and color settings. All you need to do is adjust the settings, and see which one helps display your art appear. Then, save the picture.
Share this on social media or email by clicking below!